Frog Hoppers Summer Camp (Grades 1-6)
Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is full for the 2022 season. You can join the waitlist online or by calling (540) 382-6975, Option 1.
2022 Session Dates and Themes
- Session 1: May 31-June 3, Adventures in Nature
- Session 2: June 6-10, Space Exploration
- Session 3: June 13-17, Super Hero Week
- Session 4: June 20-24, The Secret Life of Pets
- Session 5: June 27-July 1, Scientist Lab
- Session 6: July 5-8, Team USA
- Session 7: July 11-15, Shark Week
- Session 8: July 18-22, Mermaids & Pirates
- Session 9: July 25-29, Jungle Fun
- Session 10: August 1-5, Summer Celebration
How to Register
- Read the Parent Handbook.
- Register and pay to reserve your spot online, over the phone at (540) 382-6975, or in person at our office (755 Roanoke Street, Suite 1E).
- Fill out the Forms Packet.
- Have your child's physician fill out the Summer Camp Health Form and attach their immunization record.
- Make a copy of your child's birth certificate.
Please note that as of 2021, Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is for Montgomery County residents only.
Registration opens on Monday, March 7, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. You may register and pay online, however your child will not be fully registered until we have received the Form Packet, copy of their birth certificate, Summer Camp Health
Form, and immunization record.
Download a checklist to make sure you have all the necessary
The deadline to register your child and submit all required paperwork is the Wednesday prior to the week of camp you are registering for.
How to Submit Paperwork
For convenience, your child’s physician can fax paperwork straight to our office.
About Frog Hoppers
Our summer day camp is a great way for children to experience education and recreation outdoors! This is a well-structured camp that involves small group learning
activities. Campers will experience arts, crafts, nature activities, hikes, sports, games, and more! Camp is held daily, rain or shine. Our qualified counselors will initiate the fun and activities your child will remember forever!
Camp is held at the Mid County Activity Center, Mid County Park, and Frog Pond Pool located at 390 Cinnabar Road in Christiansburg. Some sessions of the program may take a walking field trip to a nearby offsite location, such as the Recycling Center or Montgomery County Animal Care and Adoption Center.
Camp is held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Check-in time is between 7:30-8:30 a.m., and check-out time is between 4:30-5:30 p.m. Check-in and our is held at the Mid County Activity Center. Please note that a late pick-up fee of
$1 per minute will be applied after 5:30 p.m.
Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is for rising 1st – 6th graders.
Each session is $175, except Sessions 1 and 6 which are prorated at $150.
Refunds are automatic, if Frog Hoppers Summer Camp must be cancelled by Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
Refunds will be given only if notification is received before the session deadline, which is always the Wednesday of the week prior to camp. After that time, no refunds will be given.
Refunds will not be granted for children who are asked to leave camp for problems regarding discipline, check-out, or other scenarios outlined in the Parent Handbook.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Montgomery County Parks and Recreation office from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at (540) 382-6975, Option 1.
You may also reach us via email at email@example.com.