The Purchasing Department performs procurement services, insuring compliance with the Public Procurement Act and that purchasing processes and decisions are competitive and cost-effective.
Our mission is to provide efficient and responsive procurement services and to obtain high quality goods and services at reasonable costs. Purchasing processes and practices conform to the Montgomery County Purchasing Policy, Virginia Public Procurement Act, and the Commonwealth of Virginia Vendor's Manual.
The Purchasing Department received the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing’s Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award (OA4) in 2013. The accreditation demonstrates excellence in procurement through rigorous standards and best practices. The County was first accredited in 2004 when it became the 79th entity nationwide to receive this distinction.
Current Bids & RFPs
- Procure as efficiently as possible
- Provide continuous training and education to customers
- Provide knowledgeable advice and consulting
- Identify vendors who meet internal customer needs at reasonable prices
- Process documentation within reasonable time frames
- Minimize disputes between internal customers and vendors
- Maintain ethical business standards and full legal compliance