The Montgomery County Public Service Authority (PSA) has issued a boil water notice effective immediately for all customers in the Shawsville and Elliston areas.
This boil water notice will remain in effect until safe drinking water test results occur from water sampling tests conducted by the PSA. All water samples collected will meet state and federal drinking water standards before the “boil water” notice will be lifted.
Essential only water usage requested now through 5 p.m. on Oct. 29
While PSA crews continue to fix the issue and work to refill water supply tanks, they are asking customers in the Shawsville and Elliston areas to please only use water when absolutely necessary on Oct. 28 through 5 p.m. on Oct. 29.
Bottled water distribution on Oct. 28
Also, bottled drinking water is being distributed again today to those impacted by the water outage.
Bottled drinking water is being distributed by the Montgomery County Department of Fire and EMS.
Oct. 28, from noon to 5 p.m.
Elliston Volunteer Fire Department, 5001 Enterprise Dr.
If you are physically unable to go to the Elliston Volunteer Fire Department, and you need assistance in obtaining bottled drinking water, call 540-268-1055.
IMPORTANT: Instructions For Boiling Water
- As water service is restored, please flush all cold-water faucets for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Prior to drinking water from the PSA's water system, bring the water to a rolling boil for approximately one minute. This will help destroy bacteria that may have contaminated the drinking water. Even if your water service was not interrupted, please boil your water before using it.
- Caution: Use extreme caution with boiling water to avoid burns. Allow the water to cool before using.
- Hot tap water is not a substitute for boiling water. Water from a water heater is not intended for drinking.
- Additionally, if your freezer has an automatic icemaker, discard all the ice cubes and turn off the icemaker until the "boil water" notice is lifted.