On Thursday, May 10, the Montgomery County Parks & Recreation department and Shelor Chevrolet are teaming up with Ripken Baseball to provide an exclusive instructional clinic for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14 (and special needs participants of all ages). Baseball and softball players of all skill levels are encouraged to attend. Participants will be broken into groups and rotated through stations to learn and enhance essential baseball/softball skills.
The clinic is one of nearly 200 Chevrolet is hosting this year as part of the Chevrolet Youth Baseball Program. Chevrolet has sponsored exclusive baseball clinics for children across the country since 2006. Listen to a podcast about this event.
Here is the event schedule:
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Motor Mile Park
2306 Tyler Road
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Check-in: 5:00 -- 6:00 p.m.
Clinic Rotations: 6:00 -- 9:00 p.m.
Snack: 9:00 p.m.
Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and registration will close two days before each clinic date.
Online registration is easy:
- Go to www.chevrolet.com/youthsports.
- Then, click the gold "Clinic Registration" box on the right side of the screen.
- Select the market ("Roanoke CYB Clinics") in the drop-down menu and click "Go!"
- Enter the registration code "24389" and click "Submit."
- Choose your preferred clinic session and click "Register Now." Please note, you will only be allowed to register for one event.
- Complete the registration form, starting with parent/guardian information, then adding clinic participant information.
- Download the participation waiver. In addition to registering before the event, participants are required to present a completed waiver form at the registration table on the day of the clinic.
Help spread the word to kids in your community! Upload your best Chevy Baseball moments using the hashtag - #ChevyBaseball - to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Include your Team/League name, City, State, and don't forget "#ChevyBaseball!"
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
Photo caption: Pictured here are the 2017 Ripken Baseball Clinic participants.