Active Adults/Senior Programs
Our Active Adults and Senior programming is a combination effort with Montgomery County, Christiansburg,
Blacksburg, and Radford Parks and Recreation departments, the Montgomery County and Radford RSVP, and Meadowbrook Library.
Enjoy programs catering to adults ages 50+, including arts and crafts, games, music, special presentations, picnics, socials, and more. See what's out there by signing up for our many trips and tours. We offer a wealth of activities to encourage life
enrichment through engagement in social and physical activity, while taking a trip off the beaten path!
Due to new guidelines, please be prepared to physical distance and wear at mask at all activities.
Fall 2020 Programs
Pandapas Pond Hike - $12.50
Wed, Nov. 4, 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Pandapas Pond - meet in the lower paved parking lot
Come out and enjoy the outdoors in the Jefferson National Forest. We will take a leisurely stroll around Pandapas Pond to look for aquatic wildlife and enjoy the fall colors. After the hike you can relax with a fresh hot bowl of chili and cornbread. The deadline to register is November 1. Level I
Halloween Bingo and Cookie Decorating - $10
Fri, Oct. 30, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Mid County Activity Center
Join us for bingo, tricks, and treats! We will decorate sugar cookies and play bingo for candy. Costumes are optional, but highly encouraged! The deadline to register is October 26.
How to Register
Register online, by phone at (540) 382-6975, in person at our office in the Montgomery County Government Center, or print the form and mail it to: Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke St, Suite 1E, Christiansburg, VA 24073. Please make checks payable to Montgomery
County Parks and Recreation.
- Deadlines: A deadline is set to secure tickets. If the minimum number of participants is not met, an activity will be canceled.
- Wait List: If an activity is full at the time of inquiry, you can request to be placed on the waiting list. If a vacancy becomes available, participants will be notified and given seven days to submit the fee.
- Refunds: For a full refund, cancellations must be made prior to the registration deadline. An exception can be made only if a substitute is provided or the vacancy can be filled from the Wait List. Refunds are automatic
if an activity is cancelled.
- Medicine: Participants must travel with at least a 24-hour supply of medication in the event of a return delay due to inclement weather or other circumstance.
- Inclement Weather: If Montgomery County Schools are cancelled or on a 2+ hour delay, programs will be cancelled.
We reserve the right to have program flexibility.