Frog Hoppers Summer Camp (Grades 1-6)
All sessions of camp are now sold out.
We encourage you to sign up for the wait list. Usually we are able to take a couple off the wait list for each session as we get closer to summer. Sign up for the wait list online or by calling (540) 382-6975.
How to Register
- Secure your place in camp by registering online and making payment. We recommend logging into or creating your account before March 1 to make sure you can successfully register your child on registration day. You may also call our office at (540) 382-6975 or visit our office in person to register, but please note that due to call volume, camp sessions may fill up before you reach a staff member who can assist you.
- Have your child's physician fill out the Summer Camp Health Form and provide their immunization record. Begin working on this step ASAP. It will take longer than expected to get this from the doctor's office. Your child does not need a new physical; the physician can fill the form out based on your child's most recent physical.
- Provide a copy of your child's birth certificate. DO NOT submit an original.
- Read the Parent Handbook.
- Fill out the Forms Packet.
- Download a checklist to make sure you have completed all paperwork.
- Submit completed paperwork to Montgomery County Parks and Recreation (see info below). All paperwork must be submitted to our office by the Monday two weeks prior to your child's first camp session or your spot will be released to the waiting list.
Please note that as of 2021, Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is for Montgomery County residents only.
How to Submit Paperwork
For convenience, your child’s physician can fax paperwork straight to our office.
2023 Session Dates and Themes
- Session 1: June 5 - 9, Safari Adventure
- Session 2: June 12 - 16, Lost in Space
- Session 3: June 19 - 23, Mad Scientist Lab
- Session 4: June 26 - 30, A Bugs Life
- Session 5: July 5 - 7, Stars and Stripes
- Session 6: July 10 - 14, The Dog Days of Summer
- Session 7: July 17 - 21, Under the Sea
- Session 8: July 24 - 28, Summer Celebration
About Frog Hoppers
Our summer day camp is a great way for children to experience education and recreation outdoors! This is a well-structured camp that involves small group learning
activities. Campers will experience arts, crafts, nature activities, hikes, sports, games, and more! Camp is held daily, rain or shine. Our qualified counselors will initiate the fun and activities your child will remember forever!
Camp is held at the Mid County Activity Center, Mid County Park, and Frog Pond Pool located at 390 Cinnabar Road in Christiansburg. Some sessions of the program may take a walking field trip to a nearby offsite location, such as the Recycling Center or Montgomery County Animal Care and Adoption Center.
Camp is held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Check-in time is between 7:30-8:30 a.m., and check-out time is between 4:30-5:30 p.m. Check-in and our is held at the Mid County Activity Center. Please note that a late pick-up fee of
$1 per minute will be applied after 5:30 p.m.
Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is for rising 1st – 6th graders.
Sessions 1-4 and 6-8: $225 each Session 5: $135
Refunds are automatic, if Frog Hoppers Summer Camp must be cancelled by Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
Refunds will be given only if notification is received before the session deadline, which is always the Monday two weeks prior to your child's first camp session. After that time, no refunds will be given.
Refunds will not be granted for children who are asked to leave camp for problems regarding discipline, check-out, or other scenarios outlined in the Parent Handbook.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Montgomery County Parks and Recreation office from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at (540) 382-6975, Option 1.
You may also reach us via email at email@example.com.