Montgomery County Election Information
: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Deadline to register to vote
: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Last day qualified voters can apply for an absentee ballot by mail
: Friday, October 23, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
The Constitution of Virginia requires that in order to be qualified to register to vote in the General & Primary Election you must be a citizen of the United States, be eighteen years of age on or before the next General Election, have domicile and a place of abode in Montgomery County and that you be registered in the precinct in which you reside.
In-Person Voting Locations
- Montgomery County Government Center: 755 Roanoke St., Multi-purpose room 1, Christiansburg, VA
- Wonder Universe, a Children's Museum: Uptown Christiansburg (formerly NRV Mall), 782 New River Rd. Unit 812, Christiansburg, VA.
No-Excuse In-Person Voting Dates and Times
No-Excuse In-Person voting begins Sept. 18, 2020 at the Government Center and Wonder Universe from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Both sites will also be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on SATURDAY Oct. 24 and 31, 2020.
An acceptable ID will be required when you vote.
A voter may show either:
- voter registration confirmation documents, valid Virginia Driver's License, valid United States Passport, or any other identification issued by the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States;
- any valid student identification card issued by any institution of higher education located in the Commonwealth or any private school located in the Commonwealth;
- any valid student identification card issued by any institution of higher education located in any other state or territory of the United States;
- any valid employer identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer's business
- or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter.
If you have questions, check with the Voter Registration Office at (540) 382-5741 or the Department of Elections at elections.virginia.gov